ARCHES - Eligibility
Award for Research Cooperation and High Excellence in Science
A Research Award for German-Israeli Cooperations funded by the Federal German Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF) and administered by Minerva.
In order to be eligible for the ARCHES Award, the following requirements must be fulfilled:
The research team:
- is headed by two Principal Investigators;
- is composed of a Principal Investigator from Germany and a Principal Investigator from Israel.
The Principal Investigators:
- must be German or Israeli by citizenship or
- must be presently residing in Israel or Germany together with a proven affiliation to a research institution and a proven residency of five years or longer in either of the two countries;
- must have completed their PhD no earlier than eight years prior to their application (parental leave will be taken into account);
- must already be internationally recognised in their field.
Please note that applications will be treated equally, regardless of whether the teams have already been collaborating prior to the application or will only enter into collaboration with ARCHES funds.