Application for a Gentner-Symposium
16 July (for proposals regarding Gentner Symposia in 2020)
Call for proposals 2018 [PDF 90KB]
Mode of Application
Please send proposals in English only (in hard copy and by e-mail) and refer to the following points:
· Title, content, and subject area of the symposium
· Specific topics to be addressed during the symposium
· Course of the programme (incl. preliminary schedule)
· Expected participants and lecturers (names and institutions), please state that the attendees have already confirmed their participation.
· Future impact of the symposium for the corresponding field of research
· Budget plan (if the costs exceed EUR 30.000,-- indicate the source for the additional funds)
· Conference venue and date
· Names and affiliations of the organizer and co-organizer from Israel and Germany
· Co-operating institutions
Please note that your proposal for a Gentner Symposium should not involve similar/identical topics or the same group of people as previous ones (www.minerva.mpg.de/gentner/list.html).
Because selection is competitive it is recommended to submit a detailed proposal (average: 4-6 pages).
Please address your proposal to:
Hofgartenstr. 8, 80539 München
Tel. +49-(0)89-2108-1242, Fax: +49-(0)89-2108-1222
On principle, only costs for the scientific part of the event can be taken into account. A subsequent increase of the lump sum following the grant is not possible.
The grant may be used for
· rent for accommodation
· costs for board and lodging
· travel allowances
· costs for supplement programs
· printed matter and office supplies
· postage and phone costs
· other material costs
The following items can, on principle, not be discounted at the expense of the project funds:
· personal salary of the project heads
· expenses for administrative duties
· costs for printing reports on congresses and seminars
· expenses for construction and installation measures
· operational and maintenance costs (e.g. electricity, gas, water, cooling agents), maintenance contracts
· contributions for property insurance, expenditures for letters of safe conduct
· expenses for the use of an institute's own service facilities (such as computing centers or other - also scientific - services) on the basis of an internal performance settlement
· expenses for apparatus which must be considered as up-to-date initial equipment (for the respective field)
· expenses for the supplementation or repair of apparatus which is not the property of the Minerva Foundation Ltd.
· turnover tax insofar as it can be deducted as input tax